Friday, April 08, 2011

Image for 4-8-11 - The Misty Mountaintop

I originally sent this from my camera phone to the blog, but it still hasn't shown up, so I'm playing catch up and reposting it directly. Friday we drove up to Wintergreen, VA to witness our good friends Casey and Laura be married. The ride up from the coast was uneventful until we got to the mountains. The cloud was down in the higher elevations and slowed us a bit. I am a big fan of fog, I love how it can take a normal environment and transform it into a mysterious adventure.

The truly dense stuff waited until later that evening when we had to make our way back from the Devil's Backbone down in the valley. The shroud dropped hard, reducing visibility to a few feet in front of the car and I had to creep along at five mph, clinging to the center line reflectors. It took awhile to get back to the chalet.

More catching up to do soon.

OK HW

3 comments:

  1. Yes!, Fog is cool! Blurring the familiar can play tricks on the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was more scared of the fog creatures lurking around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen fog that thick in my life. It was so thick I couldn't even think ahead! I can see the headlines now," Wedding party dies in flaming heap at mountain base." We were really lucky that everyone made it back safely!

    ReplyDelete