Monday, April 04, 2011

Image for 4-3-2011 - In Full Training Mode

I got out today and hiked seven miles with the pack on in a great state park nearby called "First Landing State Park"; locals call it by it's old name, "Seashore State Park". I usually park behind a shopping center and take this multi-use trail into the park. The weather was perfect for hiking, sunny and not too warm. It felt good to walk among the trees. The paths through the park are all dirt trails, easy on the knees. Hiking with some weight on my back is working a lots of muscle groups that normally don't get hit. It's good. I can feel them getting stronger. I'll be ready for the big hike later this month in Scotland!

OK HW

2 comments:

  1. We just watched "127 days" you better be telling someone where you are going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A question for which I have been seeking an answer for like 2 years: What is the name of a street that has trees lined symmetrically on each side? It's like a French word or something...I heard it once and should have written it down. Anyways, I always love the look, and I see it in the picture you took. Beautiful place to hike, Hal. I'm envious...I had to enjoy the gorgeous weather from behind my computer. Hopefully the weather will be kind to all of us this weekend!
    Can't wait to see you both!

    ReplyDelete