Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Image for 4-5-2011 - The Surrealist Sketches Return

Finally got off my lazy ass and did a little art. Continuing my series of little sketches of surrealist. I have a book on surrealism that has a lot of great old pictures of those wacky guys and have been filling up a little sketchbook with their portraits. I'm embarrassed to say how long it's been since I last added to the collection. I like some things about this drawing, but also have some problems with parts of it (hey, nothing's perfect). I mixed up the quality of line using fine, soft strokes for his face and heavy, looser lines for the jacket and background. Kinda like pulling focus. I know nothing about the artist, or in this case, filmmaker, Pierre Prévert, so I got some Googling to do.

OK HW

4 comments:

  1. I love these guys. Pierre has the 'gaze.' I just looked back at Luis Bunuel (June 17 2010) and I want to see more. Are there any surrealist women worthy of your pen? XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see that you're itching to get back into your art. Sounds like you're ready! Can't wait to see what you create...hopefully this weekend will inspire you a little. I'm willing to bet that, by the end of the weekend, I will have new nicknames or alter-egos associated with everyone in attendance. I know that will give me some substance to work with in my writing, at least...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. dada, I wanta da da da da!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ralf- I will see what I can do...

    ReplyDelete