Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Friend of a Monkey is a Friend of Mine...

I am an animal lover. I particularly love primates of all kinds. Monkeys, Gorillas, Chimpanzees, big, small, tail, no-tail, doesn't matter, I feel a special connection to our hairy little siblings. A couple of years ago, I stumbled across an article about the good folks at the Jungle Friends Primate Sanctuary in Florida. Their mission is to,
"...provide permanent, high-quality sanctuary care for abused or unwanted New World primates from around the United States who have been cast-off from the pet trade, retired from research, or confiscated by authorities."
Monkey's are highly intelligent and social beings, so it breaks my heart to read on the web site some of the sad, cruel experiences that they experienced before they found their way to the sanctuary. This year I decided to sponsor a monkey, Miki-Moo and have added Jungle Friends to my list of worthy causes. If you have read this far, then you know what's coming, I know times are tight, but consider throwing these folks a few bucks. They do good work and deserve the support.



I'll leave you with a little monkey video from the Jungle Friends web site and a quote from the comedian Steven Wright:
"If you had a million Shakespeares, could they write like a monkey?"
OK HW

2 comments:

  1. Bravo, Hal! I had a professor some time ago that said that every child needs just 1 person in the world that unconditionally loves and encourages them to find their personal strength... I think the same goes for causes and creatures. If just 1 person gets involved, it makes a huge difference! Congratulations Miki-Moo, on your new sponsor!

    ReplyDelete