Friday, October 21, 2011

Image for October 21, 2011 - Early Morning Beach Hike

I got up early today and got a quick two mile hike in on the beach. Now that the warm weather is done, the beach has been abandoned to the joggers and dog owners and wanders. I had Peter Gabriel's soundtrack from "The Last Temptation  of Christ" (The Passion) on the iPod and it was the perfect way to start this weekend. I am off today, taking a long weekend.

I also came across this huge jellyfish washed up on the beach. The low morning sun made it's transparent shape looked like some alien being, at least to my mind.

Have a great weekend!

OK HW

4 comments:

  1. I had no idea you hiked on stilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it really works out your thighs. Try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah work out my thighs and break my ankles. Still a good shot of a lonely fall beach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jesus! (Pardon the pun there...) A climactic hike on the beach to the Passion?! I'm surprised someone didn't find you curled up in a ball underneath the bridge sobbing about how beautiful the world really is and that you just can't take it! What a powerful way to start off your morning! Tomorrow I'll drive to the southside with the Bloodhound Gang on and we can compare notes. Something tells me that we'll both be in counselling, but for different reasons:)

    ReplyDelete