Friday, October 14, 2011

Double Rainbow!


This evening an intense storm rolled through the area setting off the severe weather robots on the radio and creating some groovy patterns on the Doppler radar. At one point the angry clouds parted and the sky took on a weird peachy hue. I looked out the front window and was greeted by the sight of a rainbow, so clear and vibrant that I pulled my shoes, grabbed the camera and ran outside. It was a full rainbow, with well-defined ends going to the horizon on both sides. Then I noticed the faint ghost of a second arc on the outside of the main rainbow. SCORE! DOUBLE RAINBOW!
I quickly took some pictures and then flipped the camera into video mode because I couldn't get the entire rainbow in one shot. My camera work leaves a little to be desired, but I think the video captures the moment much better then the still does. A few minutes after I shot this, the rainbow was completely gone, leaving only a small lesson behind. The magic doesn't last forever, so grab it when you can,

OK HW

5 comments:

  1. very cool Hal! Good video too! Rainbows and Unicorns! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to go back and add the unicorn in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's impossible to catch the full glory of a rainbow - but you did a fantastic job with this one, Hal:)
    It's funny how you can find very meaningful lessons in completely non-related natural events. I've been in conversations about this very thing like 5 times in the past week. We arrived at the fact that, when you catch yourself at an impass, the answers are all around you...you just need to open your eyes and look around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Laura, sweet praise indeed! That lesson to keep my eyes open to the lessons that are always around us, is a lesson I need to renew again and again.

    Have a great Sunday!

    OK HW

    ReplyDelete