Sunday, June 05, 2011

Image for 6-4-11 - Carving Finished!


I have finished carving my first wood sculpture! Hooray! I still need to stain him, so he's not quite one hundred percent done. For a first effort I'm pleased with how it came out. Just a little fish, no big whoop, but I enjoyed the process. It was good to get the hands moving again. Certainly is my most natural state to be creating something. I'm not going to speculate on what's next or make any big plans, just want to keep making things and having fun for now.

OK HW

4 comments:

  1. Cool! This is so YOU!
    Great composition!
    Can't wait to see the stain.
    (is that a good thing to say)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this going to be part of the famed Tiki bar?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Hal - it's so rare in this world that someone has a goal and actually sees it through to fruition. Today, a fish...tomorrow, a life-sized accurate replica of the Leaning Tower of Pisa, no? If anyone could muster up the creativity, it would be you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ralf-Thanks' man!
    @Casey - Yes, though not sure how yet.
    @Laura - Thank you my dear. Perhaps a life-sized Tower of Pisa made of fish!

    OK HW

    ReplyDelete