Sunday, May 29, 2011

Image for May 29, 2011 - Magnificent Model Airplane

I love models and miniatures. Yesterday, while out for a seven mile walk, I came across this exquisite larger scale (it's a about three feet from wingtip-to-wingtip) World War II fighter plane. I believe (without any googling) it may be a Corsair, but I'm glad to be corrected if someone out there knows better then me. I am guessing that this is a RC plane, probably gas powered. I used to build models when I was a kid. I put together everything from airplanes and tanks to those fantastic Aurora movie monster kits. Building model kits was early training for many of the skills I have developed into a career; painting, problem-solving, thinking in three-dimensional space, attention to detail. Stumbling upon this plane was a lovely surprise.

OK HW

1 comment:

  1. Very Cool! When I was a kid, I used to draw WW2 airplanes from a book my father had.
    And, Yeah Modelmaking was FUN!!

    ReplyDelete