Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Image for July 18, 2011 - Dirty Mini-Van Star Wars


I have started to leave my camera out for my commute to and from work so I can capture the random weirdness that I see so often. It's yielded a few gems and I have missed even more, but today I hit the jackpot. Two key moments from "Star Wars: A New Hope" drawn into the dirt on the back window of a mini-van. On the left there is a light saber duo; hard to tell if it's Darth and Obi-Wan, but I think it could be. The figure on the left clearly has a larger head, hence Darth's helmet. On the right side of the glass is the rebel run on the Death Star. I am amazed that such simple drawings can conjure up such a huge chunk of pop culture. It was nice to see someone do something different with a dirty vehicle window then the usual "Wash Me!" and a smiley face.

OK HW

2 comments:

  1. ...like when someone writes "icator" in the filth on the back of a truck where it says "FORD"? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really great one though...but I never would have figured out what was going on if not for your captioned assistance! To me, it looked kinda like 2 people fighting over a chromosome while a giant aspirin with an orange slice for an eye looked on...but yours makes waaay more sense, so let's stick with that!

    ReplyDelete