Saturday, August 11, 2012

Get Back Satan! - Today's Drawing

I took the day off from work to just catch up on a few things. I haven't hiked any this month so far, which is not good, so I got out for a seven mile hike/run. Got home and did some yard work and then floated in the bay with my sweet girl before she had to got to work. After that, I broke out the little drawing journal and laid down another African mask drawing. This one comes from the Baule tribe (and the subgroup of Yaoure) from the Ivory Coast area.
I chose it because of the horns and facial expression. It is very demonic and shiny. I only have a few pages left in this sketchbook and look forward to moving onto something larger as this one is very small, about four inches by three. Here's a bonus extreme close-up image.

OK HW

4 comments:

  1. A new note book! That is a lot if white pages... have fun filling them up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cool! Anything else happening?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Horns have nothing to do with Satan in the Baule culture, but part of the Goli masquerade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David- Thank you for providing some helpful information about the Baule culture. I meant no disrespect.

      OK HW

      Delete