Thursday, September 15, 2011

Image for September 14, 2011 - Save the Turtles!

I've been having lots of wildlife encounters lately, maybe it's the time of year or maybe it's because I'm always on the lookout. In this case, I came across this tiny, baby snapping turtle in the middle of a sidewalk, nowhere near water or the woods. He was a sweet little guy, didn't move much. I couldn't tell if he was playing dead or was really not feeling well. I do know that I wasn't going to leave him on the sidewalk where he'd likely get stepped on, so I mounted a rescue effort and drove him to a nearby marsh and put him by the water. I tried to give him a fighting chance at life.

Now, let me tell you the story about the time I found a baby snake in my kitchen...

OK HW

1 comment:

  1. Hal, you're my hero! I have to say, though...as cute as he is, you're a stronger man than I. I may have had to keep him for a day or two before his epic release back into the wild. Bravo, fellow Earth-friendly being:)

    ReplyDelete