Monday, March 21, 2011

Image for 3/20/11 - The Hiking Report

I upped my hiking goal for 2011 from 650 to 700 miles. So far, I am keeping up with the extra miles. Today I did a six mile hike with my backpack on (about 17 pounds in the pack). I have a big hike coming up in May and will have to carry the pack, so training time. It felt good to get the carry the weight, could feel different muscle groups getting some heat. We'll see how I'm feeling in the morning. I've hit 166 miles for the year thus far, only 534 to go.

OK HW

9 comments:

  1. keep the faith. forward momentum brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you happen to see my hike from last week? gorgeous.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/caboritaStudio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the encouragement Gary. I'll check out your video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So if you started the hike off with 17 pounds of Guinness in your pack what did you end with, 1/2 pound of tin cans?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I envy your commitment and dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're a machine! Sometimes I feel like the only commitment goal I could meet is record number of forced hours in front of the computer.
    Perhaps I could take a lesson from you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. @COGfoto- 17 pounds is about 34 cans. Not nearly enough for a ten day trip. :)

    @EJ2EJ- Thanks' man.

    @Laura- Hiking feeds my soul, body and mind. It rejuvenates me for all the computer time. I hope we all get a chance to hike together sometime.

    Thank you all for looking at my blog.

    OK HW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your commitment is Great! Keep up the good work and be true to yourself (the best way to be!)
    Thanks for being you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks' Ralf. You too!

    ReplyDelete