Sunday, February 13, 2011

Dead bird

It's been a long time since I've posted a "Dead-Bird-on-the-Beach" photo, so here you go (though he's on the grass, dead grass, not the beach, but it works for me). I've passed this bird carcass several times on my longer hikes down Shore Dr. and finally had the camera along and the light was good.


There is an old Samurai say, "Every morning make up your mind how to die. Every evening freshen your mind in the thought of death." This bird reminded me of that saying. The idea that we don't last forever. That thought urges me on to do more, see more, pursue life and not surrender. 

OK HW

3 comments:

  1. Those Dead Samurai Birds can put everything into perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the las dead bird picture...ahhh, the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a lovely sentiment, and worth reflecting on. Makes me think of the movie "American Beauty" and that soulful, tortured teen who made those gorgeous movies and things he said and especially what Kevin Spacey narrates at the movie's end when he's dying, which I wrote down and for a while had at my desk till it fell off.

    ReplyDelete