Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Who is Happy Walter?


This is the biggest film making news that I've had to share in a long time. I've been invited to play the lead role in a film called "Happy Walter", a Master Builder Production written and directed by Zoje Stage. Here's the official announcement from Zoje's site:

"- I am currently in production on a new feature-length film, a mockumentary called "Happy Walter"!!! Hal Weaver stars in the leading role, along with more than a dozen other Rochester & Pittsburgh residents (shooting will take place in both cities). The film will feature original music by Jonathan Young. This is a very exciting time for us! Check the website for more info."

I don't want to give anything away, but it's a cool idea with plenty of room for humor, commentary on the art world and dissection of Daddy issues. I'll keep you posted as more details come to light. Maybe Zoje will let me post a clip or two up here. I'm really looking forward to having another acting role and this one is the biggest yet. Although I have had a little acting experience (heck I even have an IMDB credit page), I'm glad that Zoje has an acting background and will be able to coach me if I start ACTING too much (gotta keep my Shatner under control).

OK, nuff said. I got to go practice being Happy.

OK HW

3 comments:

  1. Congrats--I just hope you won't forget all us little people!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome Mr W!

    Try and get some pictures if you can't get a video clip!

    What is wrong with Mr Shatner's acting? I think it is mighty...mighty fine. But not as good as his singing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's actually the point with Shatner old boy. Have - to -fight -- acting -like - Shatner --- but - I -- can't! He is quite the singer. Posted a prodcution photo and video soon to follow!

    OK HW

    ReplyDelete