Sunday, January 15, 2006

I memed myself...

Picked up this Meme from Bill Cunningham's blog DISContent.


What was your earliest film-related memory?

Going to see the original Doctor Dolittle when I was about four years old. The scenes of the giant snail and moth really made an impression on me as did the ship wreck scene. Something about the furniture and parts of the ship all over the beach made sense to my wee little brain at the time.

Name two favorite lines from movies:

Dr. Sentz - "Everything was fine until dickless here shut off our containment grid."
NY Mayor - "Is that true?"
Dr. Venkman - "Yes it's true. This man has no dick."
Ghostbusters (1984)

[Norris' head grows legs and tries to walk away]
Palmer: You gotta be fucking kidding.
The Thing (1982)

(Guess I'm stuck in the eighties)

Jobs you'd do if you could not work in the "biz"

-- Forest Ranger
-- Book Store Owner
-- Travel Writer

Name four jobs you actually have held outside the industry:

-- Assistant Manager at a book store
-- Graphic Artist
-- Sculptor
-- Dish Washer

Three book authors I like:

-- Jack Kerouac
-- Charles Bukowski
-- William Gibson

Name two movies you would like to remake or properties you'd like to adapt:

1. Kamandi: Last Boy on Earth - This was a 70's DC comic series by Jack Kirby that basically was cashing in on the Planet of the Apes craze, but took things to the next level with all kinds of talking critters, mutants and aliens too.

2. Hollywood by Charles Bukowski - Probably his funniest novel and would make a great bookend to Barfly.

Name one screenwriter you think is underrated:

Richard Price particularly for "Color of Money"

Three people I'm tagging to answer this meme next:

Neil Bruce
John Oak Dalton
ScriptWeaver

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Hal

    I'll be sticking this on my blog very soon! Some good questions there!

    All the best

    Neil

    ReplyDelete