Monday, February 14, 2011

Image for 2-13-2011 - Progress

I got a fair chunk of writing done yesterday (I know, I'm a day late) on my "Reluctant Sadist" book project. Worked on Chapter eleven that collects underground comix art I did for other publications. I was surprised at how much I did and I wonder if I had stayed with it, where I might be today. I suffer from the jack-of-all-trades curse. I can do a lot of things moderately well; well enough that I could make a mark in any one area. But, as it has gone, I've dabbled. I did devote myself to sculpture for a number of years, but even then I explored different styles and subjects. In the past twenty five years I have gone from comic book style drawing and monster make-up work to sculpture and writing (poetry, non-fiction articles and a feature film screenplay) to painting and acting. I love it all. So, here I am back 'round the horn and writing about the old comix work. Will it lead to my return to that world? Stay tuned to find out...

OK HW

3 comments:

  1. i can so relate to the dappling and the all trades gig. i saw it as a curse at one time, but now appreciate it as multi interest layers. just as soon as i discover how to turn 24 hours into 48, it'll all come together.
    keep dabbling... peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So is it dabbling or dappling? Either way, I think most creative people have the curse, but their personalities help decide whether to seriously stick to one or two endeavors, or just go all out and , um , Dawddle!
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Gary - Thanks' for the encouragement.

    @Ralf - Good catch, it should be "dabbled" - corrected. Thanks' for the comment!

    OK HW

    ReplyDelete