Monday, September 28, 2015

On the Cover of the Rolling Hampton Arts Magazine! - 9/27/15

Last Saturday I went to the mailbox and was pleasantly surprised to find one of my woodcarvings on the cover of "Diversions - Hampton Arts" magazine. The reason why it has taken a week for me to write about it here on the blog, is that I posted this photo on Facebook last weekend and all the "Likes" and comments there satisfied my never-ending hunger for social media attention. So why bother writing about it here on a blog that few people actually read? Because the blog is better equipped to function as a chronicle, because of the hashtags and easier time-specific navigation. I also feel more comfortable rambling on at length here, as opposed to Facebooklandia where the short post seems a better fit.

"American Tiki" made the cover  because the "Small Works" show is coming up next month at the Charles H. Taylor Center and I've been asked to be a part of it again for the third year in a row. I'll always be grateful to James Warwick Jones for introducing me to the "Small Works" exhibition as it has led me to working in miniature, which I find is a good fit for the limited amount of time and space I currently have for making art. I hope to one day return to making bigger pieces, but for now I'm enjoying "getting small".

OK HW

No comments:

Post a Comment